
On Thursday night I was working on Peets graduation quilt from Pine and found that someone had used virtually all of my quilting safety pins for other things so I took a trip to K Mart for some more - and in the spirit of doing anything to avoid finishing the quilt - I shopped for a Christmas Tree ($25) and lights and tinsel.
The quilt didn't get finished till 2 pm on Friday (for the concert that night) and the tree got put up with lights and tinsel and no decorations because the decorations are in a box downstairs. We'll do them today.
Even a half finished Christmas tree is enough to make the kids happy. We had thousands of little flying bugs that night so we turned off all the inside lights, put on all the outside lights, and risked the Christmas tree lights for a while and told stories - mine ended up being about all the times I was mean to my sisters which resulted in howls of shocked laughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment