Friday, February 13, 2009

Rain

Can't resist it - a bit of rain brings the creeks up and since we heard on the radio that Dayboro Road was closed due to flooding, we went out right after school. It was a full car - me, Jesse, Peet, Louisa, Simone, Robert Max and Samuel.

After a little of bit of disappointment at finding all the roads to Dayboro open we bought a couple of pineapples and found joy on Kobble Creek Road.

At first it was all very civilised - I watched the kids carefully while they paddled near the edge of the road. But when I picked them all up on the other side of the crossing we discovered that one of the pineapples had fallen out of the car - back across the creek. So Louisa and Simone went back - then I drove through and splashed them - then everyone had to have at turn.

So being the responsible (you could even say over protective - though Louisa claims that nobody would) mother/aunt that I am I found another crossing on a less busy road and unloaded everyone - then waited while the traffic passed - then gunned the car through the crossing to splash them all - and again - this time a 4WD followed and got the idea and splashed them too - then again - and again - then I said that was enough but Jesse wanted a turn. So she took off her shirt and put on Peet's and we did it again - and again.




By this time the little boys were getting cold so we put all the wet muddy bodies in the car and went for a look at Cedar Creek. Also fun. Lots of giggling was involved.

Robert made the whole trip when he got out of the car telling us 'that was awesome.'

2 comments:

Lisha said...

You guys are fun, can I come and play too?

Rissa said...

I think its awesome that you are more into your kids having fun then worying about the inside of your car. That deserves a mom award.