Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Peet

Peet came home grumpy from school and claiming that he was not as smart as all the other kids in the Academic Achievers program and that he couldn't possibly keep up and that we better just transfer him out of the class and anyway all the other kids were smug.

I said I'd talk to his teachers.

The science teacher said 'you have got to be kidding' and that he was doing very well and that the other kids were smug but that there were some good kids he could be friends with and she'd orchestrate it.

The maths teacher said he was always finished early and that his year 8 maths teacher had told her to watch out for Peet because he didn't think Peet wanted to be in the class and would probably try to get out of it but that he could easily manage it. She said she'd been watching and he's doing great.

I told Peet. He took it on the chin, laughed and said OK. Till next time at least.

No comments: