Fast Sunday has just been and gone. Max usually fasts for one full meal (breakfast when we have morning church and lunch when we're in the afternoon). But this week was it just too much for him.
After wandering around the house looking forlorn all morning he whimperingly told me that he couldn't possibly fast because he was just too hungry. I said 'no problem - you just go into my room and pray about it and if you feel like Heavenly Father is saying that you don't need to fast then go ahead and eat'. So off he went - appearing a few minutes later looking downcast. "How'd it go' I asked.
Sighing and heaving shoulders. And on we go with the fast. It was going to be a long day.
All through Sacrament meeting Max was like jelly - flopping and collapsing and at one point dramatically sliding off the seat on to the floor like a puddle.
Then he had to recite the 3rd Article of Faith in Primary - fainting from lack of food he made it half way through and then collapsed in front of everyone - very melodramatic - just not very successful at eliciting sympathy. I said he could sit with me in Sunday School and then go with Roger in priesthood.
After Sunday School I passed him to Alec to give to his father.
Time to go home - no Max - all his friends were in the Camphor laurel tree at the back of the chapel - I call for him - no answer - call again - this time I hear a peep of 'Mum'. Finally I look up and there he is at the top of the tree - ready to jump out. Apparently he recovered.
The Pharisees have nothing on Max.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Max is quite the entertainer. When he wanted to end his fast, I thought you hadled it so well by letting him make the decision with the Lord. -Amber
Post a Comment