Friday, November 23, 2007

Thomas News

"Well, it's the last week of the transfer, which mean's I'll likely be getting a new companion soon. This one has gone by like a blur- been very busy. This week started by Elder Lind telling me that it's (and I quote him) "You're-senior-companion week". Elder Harris tried doing this a while ago, but this time it means I actually lead. I don't fancy it at all, really. I think my planning skills need serious work before anything like that happens.

Well, yesterday I did something interesting. I was thinking what I needed to do in order to be worthy to baptise someone. One of the ideas that came to mind was "dedicate yourself to the Lord in prayer." In the spirit of "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", I decided to give it a go. What an amazing day that was. I couldn't NOT contact people. Every time I tried to make an excuse for not contacting someone, my mind would automatically boom out the message "Elder, you are dedicated!". Once that message came to me, there was no refusing. It was one of the most amazing feeling days I have had on my mission. I really felt on fire.

I later became amazed that for all my telling you, my freinds, even the presidency of the church that I was dedicated, I had somehow forgotten to tell the Lord: the one who really mattered. I am so glad I finally did.

Then today, I lost it. Thanksgiving lasted longer than we planned, and as such, we are now writing to you at aound 6:30-7:00. Needless to say, I kinda feel like dirt because of that. Like I made a mockery of my dedication and therefore of God. I intend to seriously repent of that and re-forge my dedication. Yesterdays feeling was too good to loose now. The spirit that I had as a result of that dedication cannot be lost now, not when I only just accquired it. Well, that is really all for the bad news (if you can call it that- after all, now I just have a firmer resolve to re-obtain that dedication).

This week has been mostly trying to find less-actives. We finally have a branch list, so thats more of a help than a hinderence. We've had some strange comments on some names though, one of them had the comment "Crazy, Sick or Dead" We tried visiting him and his neighbours told us he didn't live there anymore, so I'm not sure which one it is. At most it's two of them.

The Snow has all but melted around here, actually. We had some actual rain here last week (I know, how does that work?) and the snow melted with that, but there is still some here and there. I don't have a hat and gloves yet, that will have to be a next P-day thing. My thick-soled shoes should do the trick for boots."

No comments: