Becky has bird flu? I know it isn't funny, but I do have to laugh at the fact that this doesn't happen in Australia. Bird flu, Mad Cow Disease, that's all something that they should be worrying about up here! So of all the sicknesses for her to get in all the medical books in all the world- It HAS to be bird flu. I'll be praying for her, of course.
Haven't found the family we've been praying for yet, but our work to achieve this has pulled off some great results. We've been finding people everywhere as we've been contacting, tracting, and doing all we can to find and teach and keep our covenant (because that's what it is), we've still had some amazing results. Just in terms of numbers, last week we found 8 new investigators, 5 of which we found in one day. That's huge for any missionary.
Unfortunately, some did not actually approve of us coming back when the time came, and some we did not feel would go anywhere. But I'll fill you in on those with whom we are working right now.
Lionti is probably our most promising looking investigator. He's a 50-odd man who is still working (which is a miracle in itself- oftentimes they're trying to live off a pension). We have given him a Book of Mormon and he says that he will read it. He's read a brochure we gave him Joseph Smith and enjoyed it.
Victor and Marina have 5 kids (which is HUGE in the Baltics) one of which joined in on the lesson. They both work, so it's often hard to get a hold of them. But we're still prayerful. First lesson we had with them, Victor prayed, which is wonderful.
Nikolai was one that I was a little concerned about a first. He's got a disease which totally forbids him from sitting still (maybe check Max for that). His arms were flailing everywhere as we were talking to him and his legs were constantly shuffling. That said, he is still strangely coordinated, and a VERY intelligent man. We will be going by to see him again soon.
So yeah, a great week so far. I think we're really going to to do something great this time around. Of course, all of this is dependant on our getting 18 contacts a day, challenging 2 people a day to baptism on the street, and so forth.
Other news, this week we had a some guests from the USA at church- My trainer, Elder Harris and his parents. It was so good to see them, Elder Harris, it seems hasn't changed a bit. But it was strange to see him again on Monday wearing shorts.
We saw President Dance yesterday in a miniature zone conference (no matter how "miniature" those things claim to be, we still have to go to Riga almost all day and get back to Daugavpils late- but, this time we had about 1 hour in the day to contact). He's a good man, a *little* bit different to President Watterson in the sense that President Dance is more of a scriptorian (President Watterson was more the motivational speaker). Sister Dance, however was very peaceful quiet- not at all like Sister Watterson who was always very vivid and static.
I love Max's note to Jesse. At this rate I'll have to teach him how to write in Russian. My Russian handwriting is marginally better than my English. I haven't tried the sticky thai chicken recipe, mainly because it requires brown sugar- which plain doesn't exist in the Baltics.
Just one scripture to share with you this week, because I think I am running out of time and still need to write to President. Read 3 Nephi 28:14 This is just after Christ has shown them amazing things. As you read, think about this:- What power was not given to Christ's apostles?- Do you consider your ability to testify of Christ as a power from God?- How does one get this power, how does one loose it?
Well, that's all from me I think. I love and miss you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment