Friday, July 4, 2008

It doesn't get much better.



There may be nothing quite as wonderful as a sick child - not seriously ill with a long term disease (I don't actually have Munchausen's syndrome) - just a bit of a cold and a temperature - or a bit of a flu - even a mild throwing up bug. When else do you get to cuddle up in bed with a live hot water bottle, read to a captive and grateful audience, let everything else go by the way and still feel completely accomplished and know you are doing everything you should be? It hardly ever happens at our house - I guess my constant wishing for someone to get sick somehow wards off minor germs - but since we came back from Straddie Louisa has been feeling poorly and just wants to lie in my bed and be cuddled - all ok by me.

1 comment:

Lisha said...

I agree, there's nothing like a sick child to slow you down and keep you snug and warm at home. Not that I like that the kids are sick either, it's just that you get to spent time with them.....I'm always happy to keep the kids home from school.