Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thomas News

Are Alec and Louisa okay? Just a note for the future- when someone has a crash, don't tell me and then say "refer to the other email". Please. I understand they're both okay, but nobody thinks "oh, well isn't that funny?", when they hear about car crashes.

That aside, this week has been really good. It's been a great week for contacting. On Saturday met a very pleasant man named Robert. The first thing I thought when I saw him was "okay, this man might be dangerous". It was at night and this guy was wearing a hoodie- typical sign of a dangerous person in the Baltics. Nothing of the sort, however. This guy was one of the most pleasant I've ever met. He didn't remember his phone number. So he called our mobile (which Elder Cavender had) and told me "Okay, I've just called and hung up. You look up the number on your phone, it will be the one that called at almost 9:00." That Sunday I called, and he was still just as friendly. In fact, he said "Hey, It's great to hear from you" when I told him who I was. We had a meeting with him on Monday night, and have another set up for tomorrow.

I also met Nickolai this week. He works in the bank and as such, he was looking VERY official. He looked like the businessman he was. I decided to talk to him thinking "If there is only one respectable man in Daugavpils, this is him." I was right. His personality was as clean-cut as his attire. He gave me his number, and I told him I'd call tonight.

This week has also seen splits happen in Daugavpils. Elder Perhson, a new missionary who typically works on the other side of Daugavpils has been working with me. Yesterday was a long, hard, slog for the first half, but is ended wonderfully.

Well, bought my camera with me to send you all photos. No such luck, unfortunately. The computer I'm using is pretty old. We haven't seen conference just yet. That's happening this week. We've been going around inviting investigators and Less Actives to it this week. It should be really good. As for Spring, the buds on the trees are just beginning to bloom, a lot of them still look pretty bare, thanks to those two weeks of snowfall last transfer, but they're getting there. I think it will probably be more easily noticeable in the summer.

No comments: