Firstly, I should tell you that Alexandra was not surrounded by people in white. She was in a beautiful white building, in a beautiful white room wearing white. Also I made it a point after a while that Jesse and I should NOT talk about Hamlet this time around. Finally, it turns out it wasn't a doco going around here, but an actual member of the "Fundamental church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints", who joined when he was visiting America from Russia and then continued those sinful practices when he got home. There's been a lot of focus on those kind of groups lately, which is why people are so inclined to hatred against us- cause after all, we're all "mormons".
That was actually more the reason why Elder Berrihill got sent here. A few months ago police- assisted by a camera crew- busted in to their apartment and arrested them trying to get "information" out of them (which means they want them to say they are raping kids). The whole fiasco has recently meant that the city where Elder Berrihill was last serving in has had missionaries totally removed- There are now people who straight up want to kill them. It very sad, but the church currently has lawyers attacking the documentary makers trying to stop the film from being shown all around Russia. I've got to say, it's a little worrying, because for all we know it could make it's way into the Baltics.
But for happier news, Alexandra is going wonderfully. She warmed up to Elder Berrihill very well and she seems to like me a lot more (which is great, I was worried about whether she'd stay as strong without Elder Cavender). She's been pretty sick for the last few days, but she's still very happy every night when I call her. And she always thanks me for calling.
Oleg has a working baptismal date for the 14th. It's going to be a battle,but I think we can do it. He said he prayed to know if he needs baptism, but that he didn't feel like he got an answer, he said he would continue to pray, though. So that's encouraging.
Peet, why on earth did you kick a basketball? It's not making a whole lot of sense, buddy.
Alec's motorbike looks nice. I can see why Dad, Peet and the little boys liked it so much.
You may as well make Honey into hamburger. She's already seasoned herself with herbs and relished herself with tomatoes. HA! the joke's on her!
Well, that's all from me. I need to write to president now. I hope you are all well and not worrying about me. I am loving this mission. The Joy here is unmatched.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment