Monday, June 27, 2011

Weather Chooks

We call Wonka Bonka and Whitey our weather chooks.  If it's going to be a fine mild night they will sleep in the trees.  But if it's going to be wet or windy or really cold they will roost with the other chickens in the pen.

Tonight I went down at about 5 pm - while it was still light - with the scraps.  I was hoping to lure them both into the pen for the night. (I am pretty sure Whitey is laying somewhere but it's not in the nest we provided.)  And there they both were - already on the roost.  The other chooks were still out and about but those weather chooks had already secured a place in the middle of the roost.  It's not rainy or windy so I think it's going to be a very cold night.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Hey Kim, here’s the comment