Friday, April 29, 2011

The Wedding

I had always hoped that Thomas would marry someone kind, and smart, and strong, and sensitive, with a loving and supportive family, a faithful, gentle type of woman.

I always worried that he might get it wrong - that was time utterly wasted - he got it absolutely right.

It was a happy and relaxed day for all of us - it helps when you are the interstate family and hence have no wedding day responsibilities beyond getting the groom to the temple - and, let's face it, wild horses couldn't have kept him away.

The wedding was gift enough for all of us - but there were some bonus moments for me - meeting the Fornaro family again after the engagement party, seeing Donald and Lisha and their lovely boys for a couple of hours (that doesn't happen often enough), having a day in Melbourne with Anne and Joan and Louisa, having Samantha Gilkes (complete with her wicked sense of humour) there, and being in the temple on Good Friday for a sacred and lasting moment.

More than a few photos follow.

Max in a rare cheerful moment.

A more representative Max moment - he spent most of the day in tears - and this in spite of the fact that Tom and Kathleen will be living about 100 m away.

One of my favourites - just after the wedding.

Kathleen with one of her twin nieces - just quietly I am very excited to see what cute kids the Fornaro girls produce!

The official wedding party.

The Fulcher side at the temple - David and Daniel, Anne, Lee & Joan and all of us (except for Alec of course) - you can see how pleased I am to have had each of these with us since I am including a bad photo of me! 

Roger took this photo - I think it's my favourite.


Max - still crying - with the girls who were working to cheer him up - it was starting to create a scene. 

Tom with his in-laws - fabulous family - no wonder Kathleen is delightful - a brother is missing from this photo too - Michael is also on his mission - and in the same mission as Alec.

Just us - totally wishing we had Alec.  (Max looks a bit like he is being sent to the gallows - the pashmina doesn't help but he was cold and weepy so what could I do.)

Peet is actually taller than Tom now.

Tom with his groomsmen - Peet & Daniel - they did make a gorgeous trio.

The reception was lovely - beautifully decorated tables, a bridal waltz that was as sweet as the couple themselves, a little bit of dancing (but they missed the Macarena and the Hokey Pokey so we worried that the marriage might not be legal), and another chance to admire such a pretty couple.   It was an elegant and relaxed affair  and couldn't have been more lovely.

We did miss Alec all day long - and I guess the Fornaros missed Michael all day too.  Can't wait till December to have all of my family together for the first time!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

What a beautiful couple!

We were so glad we made it down, we had a really lovely afternoon. The boys still have their diamond collections.

Bless Max's sweet heart!!

Lishaxx

Donna said...

The photos are just perfect!! Kathleen looked perfectly beautiful and they are both just busting with happiness. Well everyone did.
Oh Max, if felt so sad for him. One minute the boys go away for 2 years then they just up and marry.
I'm so glad to it went so well and I'm also looking forward to seeing Peets photos from the holiday.