Because Tom's girlfriend, Kathleen, came up from Melbourne for the YSA Ball, Thomas and Jesse had a few friends over for a bonfire and movie night. We projected the movie on to the side of the new site hut that will be the QPI office - and made it a scary one. The scariest movie ever made in fact.
When I was maybe 10 years old, Samantha and Petie and I watched House of Wax. I don't quite know how we got away with that but it scared the living daylights out of all of us. For the rest of my childhood I had to have the bed near the door - the other two reasoned that I was the oldest - therefore I had lived the longest - therefore it was only fair that the wax man should take me first. We must have watched the movie without permission because though all three of us were cowering in our beds we never did tell Lee or Joan till we were adults. I slept with one eye open for years. But I did eventually get over it - Sam stills credits that movie for her fear of fire and Petie cannot sleep with an unlocked window - no matter what.
Louisa will back me up - she came in part way into the movie and burst into tears saying it was just too scary - and had nightmares that night.
Max disagrees - he thinks it was funny - what would Max know.
By the way - we like Kathleen very much - she quilts - she's a nurse - and she got ready for the ball in 20 minutes - what's not to like.
2 comments:
Is that why Dan slept on the floor next to me the other night?
No PEET just joking. He had a great night though.
But he is such a boy and wouldn't give me any of the info I wanted. Hope we are doing the park Tuesday Kim or I will bust.
I just have to know about Miss Ordinary Hepburn.
I know how you feel!! I was innocently coerced into watching Halloween, the movie with Jaimie Lee Curtis, when I was in grade 8. I was supposed to be studying with a friend at her house, instead she wanted to watch the movie. It freaked me out and I always had to close the curtains in my room at night as quickly as possible as there always seemed to be a face out there. I have never watched House of Wax though, not sure if I want to.
Post a Comment