Just after we moved to Samford Lee had a shed that had to be moved from a block of land to make way for new units - so Roger and Tom and Alec dismantled it and stored it in bits until Roger had a couple of weeks of holidays spare this year and put it up.
In all honesty I was amazed that all the bits could still be found and nothing had rusted away.
But now, here it is standing as a testament to keeping things that I would probably have thrown out and as a monument to all things manly.Max has his own workbench - which made Louisa cry and so now she will have one too. It is a treasure trove of tools with a TV and a spot for a model train track.
There's a John Williamson song that goes "All Australian boys need a shed, a place where they can go , a place to clear their heads, think about the things his woman said" and so on - except that I am pretty sure that every thing I have said goes straight out of their heads the moment they walk through the door of that shed!


2 comments:
WOW!! I want to know how many years it was in the yard!
Way to go.
I love that last line!!! You didn't mention how your husband tried to install his very on defibrillator on the light switch though. Oh sorry if Gran is reading this. He only tingled for... what was it A FEW DAYS!!!
Post a Comment