After Jesse and Louisa had gone to bed and Max had watched a bit of football, Max came back into my bed with a long face and sad eyes. "Mum, can I talk to you?"
"Yep, climb up here with me."
"I have a really big problem." (Max was almost teary at this point)
"Mmmm"
"Ever since Jesse read me that first chapter of Ranger's Apprentice, I can't think of anything else. I try to do writing in school but all I can think about is Ranger's Apprentice, I try to do maths but I just can't stop thinking about Ranger's Apprentice."
"Oh."
"It's like my mind is full of Ranger's Apprentice and I can't do anything else." (There was genuine worry in his voice for this alarming state of affairs.)
So we did a bit of writing in his journal about Ranger's Apprentice and he felt a little better - but there are eight books in the series with number nine due in November - this could go on for a while.
*Oops - Roger just told me that was not cheering I heard - that was complaining at the ref - NSW won.

2 comments:
I was going to mention something about why would they be cheering when Queensland wasn't doing so well. Donald actually fell asleep on the lounge while watching it.
I love Max, can he come down and play with us??
Max is naturally entertaining. Although I doubt he would appreciate it if I laughed at his woes.
Post a Comment