Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cramming it in

This weekend was a big one - but I tell myself that it's not so bad to pack everything in to one weekend rather than spread it over 6 weekends.

Friday was Rob Holland's funeral which Roger conducted and spoke at. Then Daniel's mission farewell at our house - bonfires, a 'volleyball' net (thankfully only the fleet footed played saving us a certain law suit due to a court with tractor ruts running through it), sausage sizzle, and so on. I think we may be on to something with one family cleaning (that was us) and one family catering (that was Beth) - sure beats doing both. It all wound up around 1 am.

Saturday was phone book deliveries for Pine, stake primary activity for Louisa and Max, a baptism at which Roger and Alec both spoke, Sharon Thomas' wedding which Roger performed, the reception and the Pine Trivia night - nothing to it.

Jesse, Peet and I did a bunch of phone books while Roger and Alec went to the baptism. The Parry's dropped Louisa and Max to Heather Lawton's for a lift to the Primary activity (a talent show where Jessica Parry performed a head stand - way cooler than those other kids that just played violins and stuff according to Jessica). Then we finished the phone books and Roger and I went to the wedding and reception while Jesse and Alec took a table of their friends to represent us at the Pine trivia night.

Today was lunch at Joan and Lee's - roast lamb with veges and goats cheese - Max asked why I don't do lunches like that!

Daniel was set apart - and now we're done!

Not one photo for the whole weekend which should indicate just how frantic it became.

But we got through the whole thing without any tears or tantrums - from me or the kids.

No comments: