Because of this machine:
I can produce this:
.. in an hour and a half from when I start grinding the wheat - which means we've had 100% whole wheat homemade bread every day since July.
For Maris's birthday we took her a loaf of steaming bread. She said the same thing we say all the time - incredible - it makes you wonder about our food generally though. One slice of this stuff will do for breakfast which sheds new lights on hearing about pioneers and others who just had bread for a meal - suddenly that doesn't seem so bad. Which leads to thinking about how badly our food is messed up and then onto the Word of Wisdom and how simple and good food could be.
And I don't feel bad when all Max eats at school is a peanut butter sandwich.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That looks good. Home made bread is always a treat.
I am in awe Kim, what a superdeduper bread maker, Alister has been praising your whole wheat pancake mix that they took away with them. I will have to start looking into the wheat grinding business.
Post a Comment