Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thomas News

Dear Alec,
Just so you know, after trying to ride a cow, you cannot condemn me of doing anything immature and stupid ever again!

Dear Family,
As funny as the whole cow situation has been, I felt like I was entitled to say that. I love the pictures that came with the blog. Particularly Alec walking up to honey with absolutely no subtlety at all, and Honey looking back like she knows exactly whats going on. Wow, what a weekend for firesides!

It must have been great to hear Elder Bednar give answers to questions that people where asking in Australia.

Well, big curve ball in our week came on Saturday when I got VERY sick. The single worst stomach pain I had ever felt. I wanted to vomit, and came close, but nothing. I was hoping I had diarrhea, but my stomach was too sore to go the the toilet. Thankfully President and Sister Watterson came around for flat inspection (which turned out okay). And Sister Watterson was able to tell me that this was just something going around. She at that point gave me news that Elder Rasmussen had a concussion- He ran into another elder during sports. The story sounded kinda like what happened when I ran into Alec and knocked my teeth back- but much more extreme results.

We've been working hard here this week. Our last week was abysmal and we were determined not to have a week like that again. Monday turned out marvellous. Our lesson, contact and new investigator goals were all met. We had a curve ball thrown at us yesterday when Elder Cavender got sick and I had to stay with him while our companions had to handle two sets of meetings. Which worked out pretty well, except most of ours didn't show up. We really need to speak to people in their homes.

Unfortunately, that's really all for now. Now I need to write to President and account to him for our week. I love you all very much. I love this work and know that our Heavenly Father really does love all of his children.

Your Son/brother/Grandson/Nephew/Cousin (I understand that Joan sends this letter around quite a bit)

No comments: